Monday, April 19, 2010

New Name--Same Great Taste

Hmmm. For the second time in its existence, I've had to change the name of this blog. After receiving a very gracious phone call from the gentleman who holds the trademark for the term "CompWatch", the name of this blog has been changed to "WorkComp Watch". It does not appear that anyone currently has trademarked that phrase.

This blog had originally been titled "CompControl", which was the title of my 1995 book about reducing Workers' Compensation insurance costs. But someone went and registered that phrase (my earlier book title did not give me any rights over that phrase) so I switched to CompWatch. Sigh.

Seriously, the gentleman who called me to point out that his company held a trademark for "CompWatch" was very nice and I certainly understand why they want to protect that trademark. So without further ado, we'll try this new title. And if that doesn't work, I'll change the name to "The New York Times". We'll see how that works out.

No comments: