Thursday, August 12, 2010

A Glowing Review For The New Book

Okay, can I share something of which I am inordinately proud? My latest book, Workers Compensation: A Field Guide for Employers, just received a glowing review in the "Workers Compensation Law Section Newsletter" published by the Pennsylvania Bar Association.

The reviewer, David B. Torrey, is a Workers' Compensation Judge in the PA Department of Labor & Industry, and here are a few excerpts from his kind and generous review:

"His chapters on classification and experience rating, meanwhile, may be the most lucid explanation currently available."

The judge also wrote: "I know that I have read and annotated the book repeatedly, and am always picking up nuances that I can relate to the cases that I have heard (and hear) litigated before me."

Judge Torrey concludes his review thusly: "So buy a copy of Mr. Priz' book and take in a critical explanation and account of fronting--and a myriad of other insurance customs, practices, and procedures. Like a new Beaujolais, breathe it in, drink it in, get lost in it, and don't ever let some risk manager catch you unaware on the topic of insurance coverage."

My goodness, I don't believe I've ever heard anyone wax rhapsodic about a Workers' Compensation book, but I am delighted (and humbled) that Judge Torrey has found my work so useful.

1 comment:

Bob Brandt said...

Congrats Ed. Well done!